Prices are tax included
Product successfully added to your shopping cart
There are 0 items in your cart. There is 1 item in your cart.
We will take the motorway and about 10.15 am we are going to arrive in Calella de Palafrugell, a small fisherman’s village that still retains today the traditional appearance of the past.
It is a village of great beauty in both architecture and landscape. The town, splashed with small bays, becomes a fusion of land and sea that is an incomparable setting.
We will have free time to explore the village, enjoy the scenery and for sure, take great photographs.
About 11.15 am, we will start walking along Camí de Ronda, which is going to lead us to the neighborhood town of Llafranc. We will hike about 30 minutes, suitable for all ages, easy terrain for everyone.
The “Camí de Ronda” borders all the Costa Brava and was used to control the maritime smuggling. Today, thanks to this, you can discover beautiful spots that wouldn't be otherwise accessible.
Llafranc is also a small, elegant and captivating seaside town, with all the delight fullness of the towns on this coast.
About 12:00 we will travel to Pals, a town located inland and on the top of a hill. The village is built entirely in an integrated medieval site. At the top there is a cylindrical tower from the XII century, which is visible from far away. It has an excellent terrace that offers stunning views of the Costa Brava and surroundings.
Walking through the cobbled streets you will feel like you have gone back in time. Take time to appreciate the round arches, facades with pointed windows arches, stone balconies, all perfectly restored.
Our next visit is to l’Estartit, seaside village with an important port famous worldwide as being an important diving center because the Medes Islands archipelago lies only one kilometer from the coast.
Medes islands are of great interest for the wide variety of flora and fauna that inhabit in the whole marine area, with more than 1200 species classified. The ecosystem has been identified as the best marine reserve in the occidental Mediterranean. It was declared as a National Natural Park and ZEPIM. (Special protected area of importance in the Mediterranean).
You will have free time to have lunch and take a small stroll around town and at 3 pm we will get on board Nautilus, a boat with submarine vision.
The sailing is about an hour and a half. First we will go ahead to the outer islands. The views are spectacular, but also, through submerged cabins with large windows, you can enjoy an exceptional view of a sea floor full of life, as if you were diving! The itinerary continues to the stunning cliffs of Sierra de Montgrí only accessible by boat and one of the most preserved, unspoiled areas of Costa Brava.
Our last stop is at the extensive Greek and Roman ruins of Empuries, in which we are going to arrive around 5 pm. Once there, we will start a guided tour around the whole site. It is the only site in Spain where both Greek and later a Roman city existed together. Empuries is also located in a privileged surrounding, just in front of the sea.
In the Greek city we can admire the remains of city walls, the acropolis, the market square and numerous buildings. Outside the archaeological site we can see the Greek port of the First century BC. Is in this port where in 1992 arrived the Olympic torch for the Olympic Games in Barcelona.
In the roman city the highlights are a mosaic floor in excellent condition, the forum, remains of an amphitheater, several statues and vestiges of street frameworks.
At 18:00 the tour is finished and we go back to Barcelona, where we will arrive at about 8 pm
* The "Camins de Ronda" join Costa Brava villages walking among the pines’ greenness and the blue sea.
* Medes Islands are an archipelago formed by seven islands that hold a marine reserve. They are also a meeting point for scuba diving lovers.
* The Greek and Roman history of Costa Brava is alive in Empúries. It is the only settlement in Spain in which Greeks and Romans settled down.
* Bilingual official guide (English and Spanish).
* Audio guide in four languages (French, German, Russian and Italian).
* Ticket for Boat Nautilus, with submarine vision.
* Entrance and guided visit to Empúries Roman- Greek sites.
* Hotel pickup and drop-offPlease Note* Departure Time: 08.30 AM / Check in Time: 08.15 AM
* Please be aware that the tour includes walking tours, we kindly advise you to use comfortable clothes and shoes and come prepared for some walking.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 93 317 64 54 / firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show