Prices are tax included
Product successfully added to your shopping cart
There are 0 items in your cart. There is 1 item in your cart.
Start your day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable luxury micro-bus to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter). The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries. The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breath taking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will enjoy an early visit to the Royal Basilica of Montserrat before it gets crowded. This Sanctuary holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given some free time to visit the audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat. And taste typical liquors of Montserrat.
After the visit we will take you to the Montserrat hidden treasure, the ancient monastery of Santa Cecilia de Montserrat, located in a privileged and peaceful place on a natural terrace that offers extraordinary views of the emblematic cliffs of Montserrat , the valleys and also the Pyrenees on clear days.
You will enjoy an audio- guided visit of the church that is one of the most outstanding examples of Romanesque architecture in the region. The nobility of the church has been conserved over the centuries. This is a quality that the well-known Irish painter SEAN SCULLY ably reflects in his artistic intervention in the interior, where he has created an exceptional ensemble of painting and stained glass. His work makes Santa Cecilia one of the most outstanding sites in the world for its magnificent fusion of Christianity and avant-garde art. This is a unique in which to appreciate and feel history, art and spirituality in close contact with the natural beauty of Montserrat itself.
After the visit you will continue your unforgettable experience enjoying a delicious brunch paired with wines on the porch or beautiful courtyard inside the enclosure.
After the brunch we will return to Barcelona.
* The Basilica de Montserrat holds the Montserrat Virgin, known as La Moreneta (the Black Virgin), which is the patron saint of Catalonia.
* Breathtaking views of this natural park and towns around are enjoyed from the mountain.
* English guide all the tour
* Taste of 4 typical liquors handmade by the monks of the Royal Basilica of Montserrat.
* Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Royal Basilica of Montserrat “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat”. The exhibition is based on three fundamental pillars: mountain, monastery and sanctuary. It explains to its visitors the history, natural creation and significance of this pilgrimage site.
* Entrance and audio- guided visit to Santa Cecilia Church
* Brunch at Santa Cecilia Church composed by: Local products such cold meats, cheeses and dessert paired with one cup of white wine, one cup of red wine and one cup of cava, typical sparkling wine of Catalonia.
* Other services not specified.Please Note* Exclusive tour only English guide.
* Check in time: 07:45 / Departure time: 08:00
* Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
* At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 93 317 64 54 / firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show