Prices are tax included
Product successfully added to your shopping cart
There are 0 items in your cart. There is 1 item in your cart.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat was founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending the pilgrim needs, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given some free time to visit the audio visual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat and to taste typical liquors of Montserrat.
The Escolanía of Montserrat is one of the oldest boys’ choirs in Europe (XIV Century). On some days the children's choir sings in the monastery and so you may be fortunate enough to enjoy one of their delightful performances. Their timeframe is subjected to the school calendar and special events of the choir and monastery.
* The Basilica of Montserrat holds the Montserrat Virgin known as La Moreneta (the Black Madonna), patron Saint of Catalonia.
* You will be delighted to hear l’Escolania (the Boys Choir), who takes part in the sanctuary prayers singing sacred pieces.
* Breathtaking views of the natural park and surrounding small towns are enjoyed from the mountain.
* Bilingual guide.
* Taste of 4 typical liquors. Handmade by the monks of the monastery.
* Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat”.
* Other services not specified.Please Note* Starting Time: 09:15 AM / Check-in Time: 09:00 AM
* Proper dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
* At Montserrat there is mountain climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
* This tour is bilingual (English and Spanish).
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Contact for Julià Travel Gray Line Spain 0034 93 317 64 54 / firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to the travel date or in case of no-show