Prices are tax included
Product successfully added to your shopping cart
There are 0 items in your cart. There is 1 item in your cart.
Casa Vicens: Was built as a summer home between 1883 and 1885; it was designed by the 31-year-old Gaudí for Manel Vicens i Montaner (1836-1895), a broker-dealer. It is Gaudí’s first building in Barcelona where he was able to display his enormous talent.
In Casa Vicens, Gaudí recreated the figurative worlds that were fashionable at the time, but in a highly personal way. The house is built following Catalan construction traditions, which the architect interpreted in unexpected ways, while he also incorporated decorative and symbolic elements, also in his highly personal way. As a whole, it heralds and displays the creative freedom that would become the hallmark of his entire future oeuvre.
In addition to being one of the starting points of Gaudí’s career, the architect created an innovative, original work in Casa Vicens which is different to anything that had been built in Catalonia before it. Casa Vicens thus became one of the first examples of the aesthetic renewal of art and architecture which was taking place all around Europe in the late 19th century.
It is the eighth building in Barcelona listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Site and the last to be opened to the public.
After the tour the guide will accompany you to the coach that will take you to the meeting point of the next tour.
Park Güell: Don't miss the Park Güell: it will really surprise you! You will not find any park like this one in the world! This architectural marvel, created in the middle of nature by Antoni Gaudí, was commissioned by Count Güell, who wanted him to design an elegant estate with family homes. Today it is a public park and it belongs to the city's heritage. It has been declared UNESCO’s World heritage site and is just another marvel that awaits you on your visit to Barcelona.
During the visit we will enter to Park Güell by the big staircase dominated by the dragon decorated with mosaic of ceramic tiles, the Catalan style known as “trencadís”. This dragon is one of the most characteristic images of Barcelona. Originally written Park Güell (using the English spelling), the park is arranged around a large central square bordered by a snaking, “trencadís”- covered bench. Below the square, the roof is supported by 86 Doric columns, like trees, with paths between them, and viaducts on sloping columns: Gaudí's work, like no other, unites nature and architecture.
Visit ends in Park Güell.
* In Casa Vicens, Gaudí recreated the figurative worlds that were fashionable at the time, but in a highly personal way.
* Casa Vicens thus became one of the first examples of the aesthetic renewal of art and architecture which was taking place all around Europe in the late 19th century.
* Bilingual official guide.
* Transfer from Julià Travel Office to Casa Vicens.
* Transfer from Casa Vicens to Park Güell.
* Tickets and guided visit to Casa Vicens and Park Güell.
* Other services not specified.
* Transfer from Park Güell to city center.Please Note* Starting Time: 09:15 AM / Check-in Time: 09:00 AM
* Please be aware that is a walking tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
* This tour is bilingual.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 93 317 64 54 / email@example.com
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show