Prices are tax included
Product successfully added to your shopping cart
There are 0 items in your cart. There is 1 item in your cart.
Casa Batlló was projected by Gaudí in the refurbishment of a previous existing building of the architect Emilio Sala Cortés. The building was bought by the business man Josep Batlló, who owned several textile factories in Barcelona. At the time Gaudí was an important architect working in several projects at the same time: The Expiatory Temple of la Sagrada Familia, Torre Bellesguard, Park Güell and the restoration of the Santa Maria Cathedral in Palma de Mallorca. Batlló was so impressive with the Gaudi’s work that he recommended the architect to his friend, Pere Milá. Later we will be able to visit Casa Milà, commonly known as la Pedera. Casa Batlló it’s a great example of how Gaudí got his inspiration from nature using organic shapes that had been previously studied by him.
La Pedrera is located in Passeig de Gracia street chamfer with Provença Street, in the middle of the Eixample. During the industrial growing when the bourgeoisie became the privilege statement, Gaudí was asked to build a house for the Milà family. Pere Milà i Camps was a rich business man who inherited the fortune made by his father from the textile industry. The Milà Project consisted in a flats building where the first floor would be the residence of the Milà family while the other floors would be divided into several apartments for renting. The construction was delayed several times because the building was supposed to be more high and wide than the dimensions fixed by the municipal government. During the guided tour you will visit the two courtyards, the three last floors (rooftop, attic and one apartment) and the temporal exhibition (the availability of this part is subject to the exhibition calendar). At the end of the visit you will be able to remain in the building as long as you wish.
* Casa Batlló stands out for its vivid colors, illumination and columns in the shape of bones that make it as a one of Passeig de Gràcia jewels.
* Learn about Gaudí's life and history with the explanations of our professional guide.
* Radio guide system.
* Guided walking tour in Passeig de Gracia.
* Casa Batlló entrance fee.
* La Pedrera entrance fee.
* Food and drinks, unless specified.
* Hotel pickup and drop-off.Please Note* This tour starts at 08:30 AM / Check-in time: 08:15 AM.
* This tour is bilingual and will be in English and Spanish.
* Please be aware this is a walking tour, please be ready and we recommend wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
* For your comfort, a radio guide system is offered during the tour, in groups of more than 5 people.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 93 459 39 33 / 0034 93 317 64 54 / email@example.com
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show