Prices are tax included
Product successfully added to your shopping cart
There are 0 items in your cart. There is 1 item in your cart.
The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries. The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shapes in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given some free time to visit the audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat. And taste typical liquors of Montserrat.
The Escolania of Montserrat is one of the oldest boys choirs in Europe (XIV Century). On some days the children's choir sings in the monastery and so you may be fortunate enough to catch one of their delightful performances. Their time frame is subjected to the school calendar and special events of the choir and monastery.
After this amazing visit will come back to Barcelona to start the second part of the tour:
Barcelona is known as the capital of Modernism and the place where the famous architect Antoni Gaudí worked and lived. Gaudí, one of the greatest innovators of his time, has left behind numerous treasures for the discerning tourist to discover in Barcelona. This Artistic Tour of Barcelona starts taking you to the Sagrada Família Basilica, Gaudí's unfinished masterpiece which is Barcelona's most famous landmark. The guide will take you on a walking tour of the exterior of the Sagrada Família, to admire the richly and symbolically decorated facades, where vaults reach up to seventy meters.
Next you will discover Gaudí's bizarre Park Güell which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Be careful, it's easy to get lost in the whimsical design of this bizarre but compelling public park with a perfect integration of the architectural elements in nature.
Our tour continues to Passeig de Gràcia to see Gaudí's famous apartment buildings like Casa Batlló, Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and others modernist buildings. The tour ends near the Casa Batlló.
* The Basilica de Montserrat holds the Montserrat Virgin, known as La Moreneta (the Black Virgin), which is the patron saint of Catalonia.
* La Pedrera and la Casa Batlló are the most emblematic Gaudí houses and current jewels of Passeig de Gràcia.
* Bilingual guide.
* Radio guide system.
* Taste of 4 typical liquors and entrance to the audiovisual “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat” exhibition in Montserrat.
* Guided walking Tour Park Güell with entrance.
* Guided walking tour outside of the Sagrada Família.
* Guided walking tour of Passeig de Gràcia (Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló).
* Hotel pickup and drop-off.
* Other services not specified.Please Note* There is approximately 35 min time between both parts of the tour when you will have a time to get lunch in Barcelona city center (Lunch not Included).
* As the tour includes walking tours, we recommend the use of comfortable clothes and shoes.
* Correct dress code may be requested for entrance to Montserrat.
* At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
* The tour is bilingual.
* For your comfort, a radio guide system is offered during the tour, in groups of more than 5 people.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 93 317 64 54 / email@example.com
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show