Prices are tax included
Product successfully added to your shopping cart
There are 0 items in your cart. There is 1 item in your cart.
From Barcelona we will drive to the Penedès region, which is located at 20km from the coast. The influence of the sun and the Mediterranean Sea made this place the perfect scenery for the vine harvest, and for that reason it has been created the Designation of Origin for some of the Penedès wines. But the Penedès region it’s important not only for the wines but also because of its popular culture and folklore. From this region are typical the human towers, called in Catalan “castells”, which means Castle. In this sense, Vilafranca del Penedès has a very long tradition of castells and during the last 50 years they have been acting around the world becoming internationally renowned. The main group of castellers from Vilafranca is considered one of the most traditional and has been awarded several times.
When we arrive in Vilafranca we will meet a local guide who will take us on a guided walking tour through the city center. We will visit the local council square, where the castellers shows usually take place, and the Saint Mary church, which was the first religious building in Catalonia built in Gothic style. Also we will have the great opportunity to climb the bell tower and, form the top, we will see a great panoramic view of all the region while we are served a glass of wine. For the next part of the tour, we will go to the place where the castellers usually go to essay. There we will meet one casteller that will take us on a guided tour and will explain us the secrets of this unique tradition in the world. Later we will enjoy a delicious dinner made with local food while we contemplate the castellers rehearsal and those people more adventurous will be invited to join in. In that way you will experience the emotion of this ancient tradition and show. At the fixed time we will take the bus back to the city Centre of Barcelona.
* Climb the bell tower of Saint Mary Church and, form the top, we will see a great panoramic view of all the region while we are served a glass of wine.
* Enjoy a delicious dinner made with local food while you contemplate the castellers essay and those people more adventurous will be invited to join in.
* Bilingual guide.
* Vilafranca del Penedès guided tour.
* Access to the Bell Tower with a glass of wine.
* Guided tour in Cal Figarot.
* Traditional dinner.
* For your comfort, a radio guide system is offered during the tour, in groups of more than 5 people.
* “Castellers” rehearsal and the possibility to join in.
* Other services not specified.Please Note* Starting Time: 05:00 PM / Check-in Time: 04:45 PM.
* This tour is bilingual; English & Spanish.
* Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
* As the tour takes place in the evening, depending on the season you will need some clothes protecting you from cold weather.
* Please remember to request a change in the usual menu due to food intolerances or other reason when making your reservation and wait for the answer. If you do not notify us in advance, the company is not responsible for not being able to serve you an alternative menu.
* Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Contact for Julià Travel Gray Line Spain 0034 93 317 64 54 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show