Prices are tax included
Product successfully added to your shopping cart
There are 0 items in your cart. There is 1 item in your cart.
The Sagrada Familia is one of the most visited buildings in the world. We will visit the astonishing interior of this church, where vaults reach seventy meters. Antoni Gaudí designed a Latin cross plan with five aisles, extremely rich in ornamentation and symbolism. We will also visit the Sagrada Familia museum, where you will see drawings, plaster models and pictures about the history and development of this basilica from its early beginnings to the present day. The museum will also give valuable information about Antoni Gaudi´s life and career.
At the end of the tour in Sagrada Familia, the guide will take you to Avenida Gaudí, which runs diagonally, breaking the grid of the Eixample district to join two of the city's main modernist monuments, the atoning Temple of the Sagrada Familia and the enclosure Modernist of Santa Cruz and Sant Pau. During the walk along this route the architectural elements of the avenue will be highlighted. You will take approximately 20-30 minutes until you reach Sant Pau.
Sant Pau Art Nouveau: On a visit to the Art Nouveau Site, you’ll be able to appreciate the foremost work of Lluís Domènech i Montaner, one of the most important architects of Modernisme, the Catalan Art Nouveau, and the product of one of the most outstanding rehabilitation processes of recent years.
The exhibition space in the Sant Salvador Pavilion takes you on a journey through the history of medicine in Barcelona and one of Europe’s oldest healthcare institutions: from the first unified hospital in the city’s Raval district in 1401, La Santa Creu, to the 21st century. Display cases with medical materials and architectural elements, information panels, models and screens present part of the institution’s heritage collection.
The upper floor of the building concentrates particularly on the figure and work of Lluís Domènech i Montaner, exploring the three main aspects of this genius of Modernisme: the scholar, the architect and the ideologue. There is also a space for consultation where you can find out more about the institution thanks to an interactive table, books, publications and digitalized historic documents from the Archive of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau.
Sant Salvador Pavilion marks the start of a recommended route around the outdoor spaces of the Art Nouveau Site that reproduce the garden city model designed in the early 20th century. As you stroll, admire the building’s lovely exteriors. Domes, roofs, façades, sculptures and stained-glass windows are the most outstanding elements.
You can also enter the Sant Rafael Pavilion and see its interior exactly as it was designed at the start of the 20th century. Moreover, you can take the underground tunnels communicating the various buildings and visit the most representative heritage spaces of the Administration Pavilion.
The recommended route may vary according to the use being made of the spaces.
* The stained glass windows allow the sunlight to shine inside the temple, light that create magic and vivid colour-scheme.
* Sant Pau Art Nouveau let you admire the building’s lovely exteriors. Domes, roofs, façades, sculptures and stained-glass windows are the most outstanding elements
* Skip the Line entrance and guided visit to Sagrada Familia.
* Skip the Line entrance and guided visit to Sant Pau Art Nouveau.
* Other services not specified.Please Note* Most of the departures of this tour are bilingual and will be in English and Spanish.
* As it is a Catholic church, visitors must dress appropriately, is requested for entrance to the Sagrada Familia Basilica. No tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals will be accepted. Also Visitors will not be allowed to enter with special clothing to celebrate any sort of festivities.
* Visitors may not enter barefoot.
* For safety, no hats are allowed inside the nave or the museum except for religious, health or belief-related reasons.
* Please be aware that the tour included walking tours, we kindly advise you to wear comfortable clothes and shoes and come prepared for some walking.
* You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 93 459 39 33 / 0034 93 317 64 54 / firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 48 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show