Prices are tax included
Product successfully added to your shopping cart
There are 0 items in your cart. There is 1 item in your cart.
The exhibition space in the Sant Salvador Pavilion takes you on a journey through the history of medicine in Barcelona and one of Europe’s oldest healthcare institutions: from the first unified hospital in the district known as Raval in 1401, La Santa Creu, to the 21st century. Filled with display cabinets full of medical materials and architectural elements as well as information panels, models and screens, present part of the institution’s heritage collection.
The upper floor of the building focuses particularly on the person and work of Lluís Domènech i Montaner, exploring the three main aspects of this genius of Modernisme: the scholar, the architect and the ideologue. There is also a space for consultation where you can find out more about the institution thanks to an interactive table, books, publications and digitalized historic documents from the Archive of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau.
Sant Salvador Pavilion marks the start of a recommended route around the outdoor spaces of the Art Nouveau Site that copy the garden city model designed in the early 20th century. As you stroll, admire the building’s lovely exteriors. The domes, roofs, façades, sculptures and stained-glass windows are the most outstanding elements.
You can also enter the Sant Rafael Pavilion and see its interior exactly as it was designed at the start of the 20th century. Moreover, you can take the underground tunnels communicating the various buildings and visit the most representative heritage spaces of the Administration Pavilion.
* This tour takes you on a journey through the history of medicine in Barcelona and one of Europe’s oldest healthcare institutions.
* Your experience will be completely satisfactory with our official bilingual guide, who will make your visit much more interesting.
* Entrance and guided visit to Sant Pau Art Nouveau.
* Hotel pickup and drop-off.Please Note* Most of the departures of this tour are bilingual and will be in English and Spanish.
* Please be aware that the tour included walking, we kindly advise you to wear comfortable clothes and shoes and be ready for some walking.
* You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
* Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
* Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 93 457 99 51 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show